Freezer Defrost Heater Loop Error
A Frigidaire or Electrolux Refrigerator displays a dF error code when a Freezer Defrost Heater Loop Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
Electrolux Refrigerator dF Error Code (Frigidaire) Meaning
The freezer defrost loop is open or the defrost operation has taken longer than expected.
Frigidaire or Electrolux dF Error Code Possible Causes
- The defrost heater is defective.
- The defrost temperature sensor (thermistor) is defective.
- The defrost high limit sensor is defective.
- The main PCB is defective.
- Wiring issue between the defrost loop and the main PCB.
- The defrost room is overwhelmed with ice.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A Frigidaire or Electrolux Refrigerator displaying an error code can lock out the Refrigerator or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Refrigerator the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Refrigerator manufactures under the Electrolux brand.
- AEG Refrigerator dF error code.
- Anova Refrigerator dF error code.
- Frigidaire Refrigerator dF error code.
- Westinghouse Refrigerator dF error code.
- Zanussi Refrigerator dF error code.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. ApplianceServiceInfo.com does not guarantee the information to be correct or give a proper diagnosis of any appliance. Always take proper safety precautions when installing or repairing any major appliance.