Find the Refrigerator repair information by selecting the appropriate link below.Error
Codes Common Problems
Refrigerator Repair Information: Error Codes
Choose the Refrigerator brand below for error code information.AdmiralAEGAmanaAnovaCaloricCrosleyElectroluxEstateFrigidaireGeneral ElectricHaierHardwickHotpointIKEAInglisJenn-AirKenmoreKitchenAidLGMagic ChefMaytagModern MaidNorgeRoperSamsungSearsWestinghouseWhirlpoolZanussi
Refrigerator Repair Information: Common Problems
The Refrigerator Is Leaking
Water on the kitchen floor? What about pools of water or ice developing on the floor of the refrigerator or freezer? Leaky refrigerators are usually quite easy to repair, as there are only a few possible issues that cause the majority of leaks.
Top Causes of Refrigerator Leaks:
- The defrost drain is plugged.
- The defrost drain pan is cracked.
- Water supply line leaking.
The Refrigerator is Noisy
Does your refrigerator make excessive noise? Refrigerators do make sounds. Expected and normal are the sounds of ice clattering into the storage bin and refrigerant hissing through lines. But loud buzzing, humming, whirring and vibrating noises may not be normal.
Top Causes for Excessive Refrigerator Noise.
- The refrigerator is not level.
- Noisy fan motor.
- Ice build up around the fan blade.
- Noisy Compressor.
The Refrigerator or Freezer Are Not Cold Enough
Is the food spoiling faster than it should? Is the freezer thawing? There are a few issues that can cause the temperature in the fridge or freezer to be higher than expected.
Top Causes for Warm Fridge and Freezer Temperatures
- Temperature settings are set too high.
- The door seals are leaking.
- The condenser coils are dirty.
- The condenser fan is not working.
- The evaporator fan is not working.
- The compressor is not working.
- The refrigerant has leaked out of the sealed system.
- The sealed system has an internal blockage.
- Not enough food in the fridge or freezer.
- Too much food in the fridge or freezer.
- The self defrost system is not working.
The Refrigerator is Too Cold
Too much of a good thing? The fridge should be cold, but what if it’s too cold.
Top Causes for Freezing Fridge Temperatures
- Temperature settings are set too low.
- The damper is stuck open.
- The bimetal switch (thermostat) is stuck closed.
- The fridge temperature sensor is defective.
- The fridge control is defective.
Additional information is available if needed on the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. ApplianceServiceInfo.com does not guarantee the information to be correct or give a proper diagnosis of any appliance. Always take proper safety precautions when installing or repairing any major appliance.