Water Leak Error
A GE Dishwasher displays a E4 error code when a Water Leak Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
GE Dishwasher E4 Error Code Error Code Meaning
Water has accumulated in the bottom leak tray under the dishwasher.
GE Dishwasher E4 Error Code Error Code Possible Causes
- Over sud issue due to the wrong type of detergent being used.
- The dishwasher is not level.
- The door is not closing properly.
- The flood sensor micro switch is defective.
- The pressure sensor is defective.
- The main PCB is defective.
- The drain pump is jammed or defective.
- The dishwasher is overfilling.
- The inlet valve is leaking.
- The sump is leaking.
- The wash pump is leaking.
- A hose is leaking.
- The drain hose is plugged.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A GE Dishwasher displaying an error code can lock out the Dishwasher or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Dishwasher the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Dishwasher manufactures under the General Electric GE brand.
- Haier Dishwasher E4 error code.
- Hotpoint Dishwasher E4 error code.
- Moffat Dishwasher E4 error code.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. ApplianceServiceInfo.com does not guarantee the information to be correct or give a proper diagnosis of any appliance. Always take proper safety precautions when installing or repairing any major appliance.