Door Latch Error
A GE Oven displays a F9 error code when a Door Latch Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
GE Oven F9 Error Code Meaning
The oven door lock is not functioning when initiated.
GE Oven F9 Error Code Possible Causes
- The door lock switch is defective.
- The door lock motor is defective.
- The oven control PCB is defective.
- Wiring issue between the door lock switch and the control PCB.
- Wiring issue between the door lock motor and the control PCB.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A GE Oven displaying an error code can lock out the Oven or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Oven the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Oven manufactures under the General Electric GE brand.
- Haier Oven F9 error code.
- Hotpoint Oven F9 error code.
- Moffat Oven F9 error code.