A GE Washer displays a 7 error code when a Flood Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
GE Washer 7 Error Code Meaning
The main PCB pressure sensor has sensed the water in the tub is at the flood warning level (16.5 inches above the pressure port).
GE Washer 7 Error Code Possible Causes
- Water or wet clothes were added during the wash cycle.
- There is too much water in the tub (check for leaking inlet valves or drain issues).
- The main PCB is defective.
- The pressure sensor tube is pinched or obstructed.
- The pressure sensor port is obstructed.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A GE Washer displaying an error code can lock out the Washer or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Washer the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Washer manufactures under the General Electric GE brand.
- Haier Washer 7 error code.
- Hotpoint Washer 7 error code.
- Moffat Washer 7 error code.