Motor Drive Error
A GE Washer displays a E50 error code when a Motor Drive Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
GE Washer E50 Error Code Error Code Meaning
The main PCB has detected a motor drive internal problem.
GE Washer E50 Error Code Error Code Possible Causes
- The supply voltage to the washer is not correct (102V to 132V ac)
- The motor drive is defective.
- The main PCB is defective.
- Loose wiring connection at the motor drive or main PCB.
A GE Washer displaying an error code can lock out the Washer or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Washer the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Washer manufactures under the General Electric GE brand.
- Haier Washer E50 error code.
- Hotpoint Washer E50 error code.
- Moffat Washer E50 error code.