A Whirlpool Cooktop displays a F-12 error code when a Coil Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
Whirlpool Cooktop F-12 Error Code Error Code Meaning
Coil under current.
Whirlpool Cooktop F-12 Error Code Error Code Possible Causes
- The burner coil is defective.
- The Induction Power System is defective.
- Wiring issue between the Induction Power System and the burner coil.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A Whirlpool Cooktop displaying an error code can lock out the Cooktop or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Cooktop the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Cooktop manufactures under the Whirlpool brand.
- Admiral Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Amana Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Caloric Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Estate Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Hardwick Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Ikea Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Inglis Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Jenn-Air Cooktop F-12 error code.
- KitchenAid Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Magic Chef Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Maytag Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Modern Maid Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Norge Cooktop F-12 error code.
- Roper Cooktop F-12 error code.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. ApplianceServiceInfo.com does not guarantee the information to be correct or give a proper diagnosis of any appliance. Always take proper safety precautions when installing or repairing any major appliance.