A Whirlpool Dryer displays a E1 error code when a Thermistor Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
Whirlpool Dryer E1 Error Code Error Code Meaning
The thermistor resistance is very high or open.
Whirlpool Dryer E1 Error Code Error Code Possible Causes
- The thermistor is defective.
- The main PCB is defective.
- Loose wiring connection at the thermistor or main PCB.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A Whirlpool Dryer displaying an error code can lock out the Dryer or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Dryer the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Dryer manufactures under the Whirlpool brand.
- Admiral Dryer E1 error code.
- Amana Dryer E1 error code.
- Caloric Dryer E1 error code.
- Estate Dryer E1 error code.
- Hardwick Dryer E1 error code.
- Ikea Dryer E1 error code.
- Inglis Dryer E1 error code.
- Jenn-Air Dryer E1 error code.
- KitchenAid Dryer E1 error code.
- Magic Chef Dryer E1 error code.
- Maytag Dryer E1 error code.
- Modern Maid Dryer E1 error code.
- Norge Dryer E1 error code.
- Roper Dryer E1 error code.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. ApplianceServiceInfo.com does not guarantee the information to be correct or give a proper diagnosis of any appliance. Always take proper safety precautions when installing or repairing any major appliance.