Current Limit Error
A Whirlpool Washer displays a CI error code when a Current Limit Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
Whirlpool Washer CI Error Code Error Code Meaning
The average or instantaneous current limit was exceeded.
Whirlpool Washer CI Error Code Error Code Possible Causes
- Drive motor fault.
- Thermal protector fault.
- Motor controller fault.
- Overloading the unit.
The list of possible causes above may assist in determining the cause of the error code. Sometimes the error code cannot be resolved easily with the information on this page. For more information that may help diagnosis the error code visit the Appliance Repair Technical Support page of this website. Contacting a trained Appliance Repair Technician is another option if the if the issue is to difficult to resolve with the information provided.
A Whirlpool Washer displaying an error code can lock out the Washer or disable it from functioning normally. In order to regain normal functionality of the Washer the problem causing the error code will need to be resolved. Often the issue can be resolved with a simple repair or minor part replacement. This is much more cost effective and has a far less impact on the environment than a complete appliance replacement.
The information on this page may also apply to any of the following Washer manufactures under the Whirlpool brand.
- Admiral Washer CI error code.
- Amana Washer CI error code.
- Caloric Washer CI error code.
- Estate Washer CI error code.
- Hardwick Washer CI error code.
- Ikea Washer CI error code.
- Inglis Washer CI error code.
- Jenn-Air Washer CI error code.
- KitchenAid Washer CI error code.
- Magic Chef Washer CI error code.
- Maytag Washer CI error code.
- Modern Maid Washer CI error code.
- Norge Washer CI error code.
- Roper Washer CI error code.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. ApplianceServiceInfo.com does not guarantee the information to be correct or give a proper diagnosis of any appliance. Always take proper safety precautions when installing or repairing any major appliance.